My most recent read was this book, THE HUNGER GAMES. I loved it! It was AMAZING! Here is what's on the from flap:Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before -- and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Yeah, it's good. A little violent for kids maybe but good!
You can read the first chapter by downloading the pdf from the official website http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/about_the_book . Just be careful becuase you may get hooked just like I did. It took me a couple of months on a waiting list to get this book from the library. It was totally worth the wait.






4 comments:
Just wait until you read Catching Fire...the 2nd in the series. It is just as good if not better than The Hunger Games. This is one of my all-time favorite books. I hope you enjoy the next one.
I just borrowed this from a friend tonight! I'm going to go take a hot bath and get started!! Thanks for the recomendation.
Janni says it's awesome too! I'm not sure I could handle it.. What do you think? I'm trying to get j to read them while we're on the plane for 6+ hours. Do you think he'd like it?
I totally think you could handle it. If I can handle it anyone can. I'm the biggest wimp. There was one part that made me a little squirmy. You could have Jacob sreen it for you. I think he would like it. It's pretty suspenseful but there is a little bit a love interest thrown in there.
Post a Comment