We took a trip down to Utah for conference but i haven't put my pics on the computer yet so that'll will have to come later... We had a great time! Things didn't exactly go as planned but that's just how vacations are supposed to work, right? the first thing we realized was that we had left landon's shoes... what kind of parents are we?? well, we both thought the other person threw them in the car... so we made a stop in boise at the outlet mall and got shoes... we stayed the first night in logan because nick had never been there and wanted to see the tabernacle. I think Logan is beautiful! It was fall and there were rolling hills with colorful trees and underbrush... The old architecture of the tabernacle is worth seeing as well as the tabernacle in Brigham City where we stopped after Logan. I don't know if we were supposed to do this but we kind of snuck inside the Logan tabernacle.. the back door was unlocked and no one was around so we just went in... te he hee... it was beautiful. i'd been inside once before and i really wanted Nick to see it. it looks so old like Brigham Young could have just Spoken there the previous week... ok, maybe not that old... i'm sure its had some work done... but it was really cool... while in Logan though the main highlights of the city were a sock outlet... very interesting... we left with more socks than i wish we had... and the other place we visited was a pepperidge farm outlet store... I don't know if you've ever had milanos cookies but they are rediculously expensive here's a pic:

yes... they are so yum! well, they are like $4 bucks at the store but at the outlet a bag like this was $1.60... or you could buy them buy the pound! they are also the makers of the oh so famouse goldfish but we had just bought a costco box for the trip... darn it!! anyway we had fun there... if you're ever in Logan i would definately recommend a stop there... it's worth it...;)
Most of our time in Salt Lake was spent at Temple square just seeing everything again. The day there we got to Temple square in the evening and most things were closing but the Temple grounds were beautiful and we let Landon run around and look at all the fountains. it was nice to just relax and not have a full itinerary... Saturday we ate at The Roof... they had a special for conference... it was $17 a plate instead of $30. I supposed to be a fancy style buffet... I have to say it was pretty good but i don't think i'd pay $30 for it... even $17 was a little steep. I think The Garden resturaunt which is across from The Roof is probably a more reasonable choice... That's just my opinion though... Plus you pretty much get the same view from both which is spectacular.

It was really great to see Jake and Elaina. Landon grew a little attatched to Jake... and i'm not really sure why but ever since staying with them Landon's been obsessed with football... hmm... i think Jake may have had some influence there... it was really funny one night, Elaina came to meet us for dinner and she walked up to our table and Landon pointed to where she'd just come from and was saying "jacob? jacob? jake? I hope Elaina knows that he loves her too. He still talks about both of them.
We were able to go to the Sunday Morning session of conference. It was fabulous as was all of conference. My favorite part of the whole session was just after the morning music program people were quietly chatting amongst themselves and all of a sudden it got really really quiet and everyone stands and the Prophet walks in... it almost gave me chills. It's wonderful the reverence that we show the Prophet and it was like the spirit was all of a sudden really strong. It's just such a great way to start a session. We were lucky enough hear President Monson speak. I've always love him so much. There's something about his voice that is just really calming to me. His talk that session was called, "Finding Joy in the Journey" it was a wonderful message. I also really enjoyed President Eyring's talk entitled, "Our Hearts Knit as One".
I'm really glad we were able to make this trip. It was wonderful to be able to spend the time as a family. I was really impressed with how good of a traveler Landon was. We didn't really have any problems... he watched movies, played with toys, colored and slept. He was even content to just look out the window some of the time... He's such big boy now... He'll be 2 next month... where has the time gone? well, on to the next baby... ;)






1 comments:
I loved reading about your trip. I sure wish we could have gone down there, I would love to see Elaina and Jake again. We've got to figure out a way to get them to move here!
Post a Comment