It is seriously time for a BABY UPDATE... or an update of any kind would probably be a good idea. I think my last post was November. So, there's been all those important things like Christmas, anniversary, birthdays... but you know what it's all a jumble now. We're having issues getting pictures on our computer so maybe as we get them uploaded I'll feel inspired to write some blogs about all those fun times.
Right now all i can really think about is the baby coming. This pregnancy has really been a great one aside from the pain involved. I lost about 10 pounds at the beginning of the pregnancy which my doctor was okay because i was heavy to begin with. I have only gained 5 pounds since than!! woo hooo! As long as my doctor is okay with that than I'm just as happy as can be. Trust you me, i had the weight to lose. You'd think that being healthier this time around i would have passed my glucose tests easy peasy... well, not exactly. We found out about a month ago now that i have gestational diabetes. It was a little unnerving knowing our precious little guy could be so effected by it. It's really just kicked me into gear to be even healthier. I had already made a New Year's Resolution to not eat sugary sweets or soda this year. Knowing that it could hurt our baby has only made that easier to stick to. Now i just need to continue after he comes to join our little family.
For those who don't know a lot about gestational diabetes one problem that can occur, among others, is that baby can be very large. At my last check up i was measuring almost full term and i was still 34 1/2 weeks so that's pretty big. My doctor was talking about having me induced early but when i went to my ultrasound he was measuring right where he should be. The technician said he was about 5lbs 13oz... I guess i may be big because i have a lot of fluid which could be a problem. So, now we're just waiting to hear back from our doctor. If it's left up to me I'd love to make it to May 1st. I know, I know, call me crazy, i just really want a May baby... even if it means going past my due date. I'm really in no hurry to make it to labor and delivery again... I'll be glad to hold him and love him but really, i don't mind putting off the pain a little longer...
Grandma Pat and Trixie
3 years ago






2 comments:
wow... i'm so glad to get an update! i hope you and the little guy are healthy! good luck with the delivery. If you need to get out of the house I'd love to see you! let me know!
I'm looking forward to that little nephew of mine! Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment