
I haven' t posted about the border patrol yet. I wanted to wait until Nick had passed pretty much everything... Let me tell you , this has been quite the long process. The application was a fat stack of papers and it seemed to take forever to be processed. If there's one thing i've learned in all this it's that with the Border Patrol there is a lot of WAITING. We had a few set backs here and there... The physical fitness test wasn't as easy as Nick thought so we had to go through the whole application again. Also, when he took the medical exam he struggled with his vision and hearing so he had 30 days to retake that and by some miracle he passed both of those the second time around. Other than that things have just been moving along SLOWLY... he took a written test which had three parts to it: knowledge, language, and character. Luckily, he spoke spanish on his mission so he was able to be tested for his spanish. Now if he gets into the academy he doesn't have to stay as long while the other people learn spanish. That makes me happy! He also had an oral interview with a panel of 3 border patrol agents. It was a little nerve racking... They asked the wives to come for an orientation before the interview... Waiting for him to come out of that room was not an easy thing to do... so once that's passed you wait... and wait some more... They also do an extremely extensive background check going back like 10 years... They send this guy to your house to flash his badge at you and ask a bunch of questions then he goes to everyone you've ever known and asks them a bunch of questions... So, now that we're at this point we just get to... (you guessed it) WAIT!! Once all your stuff is done you just wait for them to send you a job offer and they tell you when you need to report to the Academy which is in New Mexico. I guess they typically only give you like 2 weeks notice to get down there. When they send the job offer they also tell you where you will be stationed after the academy. We put our 1st preference as Arizona and the 2nd as California. I really don't want to live in California because it's too expensive... other than that i have no beef with the state. We think our chances are pretty high for going to Arizona but we'll just have to
wait and see...
2 comments:
Sorry, I decided...you can't go! I called the border patrol and told them they can't have you. Ok, I'm just kidding. I'll miss you, miss you, miss you though.
wow a boy!! That is so exciting! So I would love for you to come down when you have your next appt. I actually go to a doctor in Bellevue... ha ha. my number is 253-236-4927. I am expecting this baby around the first part of Jan... so hopefully we can get together before that!
Post a Comment